Apr 15, 2013
Special Issue — “Pathway to Prosperity: The Northern Governance & Economy Conference” (Northern Public Affairs 2013)
Northern Public Affairs - This special issue of Northern Public Affairs represents our efforts to distill and crystallize the conversations emerging from this unique and educational conference. Broadly disseminating the conference results through NPA seemed an obvious partnership: the magazine provides a much — needed forum for analysis, discussion and debate on issues that occur in, or affect, the North. The content of this special issue focuses on elements of the “big picture” insights about many large-scale processes currently unfolding, such as the transformation of governance institutions and the even more rapid transformation of the economy. However it was the personal — the human — dimension, that caught our attention and that we’ve also included here.
- Governance — Co-managing the future? (Hayden King).
- Education — Dechinta Bush University Student Plenary (Cole Smith & Darcy Leigh).
- Economy — The Northern economy: Lessons from industry (Don Bubar).
- Economy — Challenges in understanding the Northern Economy (Frances Abele).
- Economy — Resource wealth: Opportunities & challenges (Diana Gibson).
- Society — The economy, governance, & social suffering (Stephanie Irlbacher-Fox).
- The Essay — Pathways to homelessness (Julia Christensen).
- In Conversation — Raising-up hunters & protectors once again: The Unaaq Men’s Association (Stephanie Irblacher-Fox & Tommy Palliser).